Well, this seems to be the week of one-pot meals, and thank goodness for that. When you're working full-time, it's nice to have a few recipes up your sleeve that you can just throw in your pressure cooker and walk away. I've made this a few times, sometimes with ground beef, sometimes with sausage, and it always comes out delicious. The penne is perfectly al dente, and the sauce is just a bit creamy without being overly heavy.
yield: serves 3-4
Creamy Italian Chicken with Penne (pressure cooker)
The penne is perfectly al dente, and the sauce is just a bit creamy without being overly heavy.
prep time: 5 MINScook time: 17 MINStotal time: 22 mins
- 1 pound of chicken breast, cubed ½"
- 2 cups penne
- 1 12oz can fire roasted tomatoes + 1 can of water (or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- In your pressure cooker, add everything but the cream cheese and Parmesan, give a good stir, and push the pasta down so it's submerged in the liquid. Close lid and set on manual for 7 minutes. When your timer goes off, allow for 5 minutes of NPR then quick release. If you like your pasta a little more well done, you can do a few more minutes of NPR, but I personally like the al dente.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until the cream cheese is melted and incorporated.
- I topped mine with a little more fresh grated Parmesan, parsley, and cracked pepper.
Created using The Recipes Generator